Pages

10/16/2007

Wasted Weekend

Somebody save me, let your warm hands break right through me just save me; I don’t care how you to it, dang, dang, ding, dong. Yeah, I know I mashed up the lyrics a bit; Sue me. And for those who haven’t caught on, that’s my version of Remy Zero’s theme song for Smallville and a summary of my weekend.

My new week resolution: Stay off series. When buying bootleg DVDs stick to movies. But the problem is that I didn’t buy the 2nd, 4th and 5th seasons of Smallville nor the 3rd and 4th seasons of Alias lying in my wardrobe; eating my time. Got to summon the courage to return them and not borrow anymore.

I wasted a neat portion of last weekend watching Clark Kent beat up psychos. How did it start? Let me take you back to Tuesday. I woke up that morning and realised that I had dragged my feet too long about taking computer certifications so I decided to ask my dad for the money for the first exam. He agreed within minutes and I figured it will take me about 2 weeks to get ready. I decided to put in a few more nights at the office to augment whatever extras blogsville left me with in the day. My first night: Wednesday. Should’ve been very convenient what with the sallah break the next day but a few minutes to six pm and my younger brother calls to inform me that he’s a few metres away from my office; coincidentally, the boarding school he attends gave them the sallah break off. And of course, the nitwit couldn’t call in advance so there went my night at the office (not as if I looked forward to that anyway).

In my hurry to leave the office that day, I forgot the book I was studying for the kain exam. Perfect excuse to spend the next day watching Smallville. No such luck though, thanks to NEPA. I relocated that day to a cousin’s house where there was light (at least, before I arrived). Thanks to NEPA again, I spent the afternoon there trying to carry my little niece, prevent here from jumping downstairs and eating potted plants.

Friday. (I hope you’re keeping track here). I managed to make it to my office to get a few hours of study off plus collect my book thus nullifying all excuses not to read at home. (Who needs excuses anyway?). At the office, I met a few people online and spent more time chatting instead.

Today is Saturday. Actually early Sunday morning but if you consider the fact that I haven’t slept since Saturday, you’ll understand why I call it Saturday. I actually tried studying but I got bored quickly and decided to throw in one episode of Smallville. Just one episode. Couldn’t hurt, could it? One episode became two, two became three. Three became… you know the drill. NEPA does their thing a couple of times and just before my battery runs out they undo their thing and Clark Kent is up and running again. The time now is 3:09 am and my battery is at 79% and still charging so even if our transformer chooses to explode this night, one more episode will still get in. Yipee!!! By the way sef, why does Clark like confused Lana when fineeee Chloe is tripping all over the place. They should let me play Superman so I’ll rewrite the script *wink*. Did I feel sleepy at any point? Of course. But I made coffee *double wink*. All for Smallville.

On to other EQUALLY IMPORTANT matters, I’ve decided to give calling BIG CRUSH a break. I don’t have enough gist with her yet and calls now tend mainly towards asking whether her cold has gone and whether she has started her computer lessons. The next thing we’ll be discussing the weather. Tufiakwa! I took a hint when I called once and she didn’t pick cos “her battery was low”. Can’t blame her though (am I attracted or what?). The break’ll just be for a week and hopefully with the help of certain peeps on blogsville, I’ll have rolling-on-the-floor-with-laughter-with-tears-rolling-down-my-cheeks yans (that’s an official call for help).

On another note, I just posted profile pictures on my hi5 and facebook accounts. Had an influx of friend requests, profile comments and picture comments too. I really am not a bad looking fellow. The one problem: the postees are all guys. Not a single girl. Do I hear snickering? Ekene? Stuck? It has nothing to do with my prestigious all-boys secondary school.

Can’t leave Lex waiting for too long. Let me return.

Somebody save me, I don’t care how you do it just save me….

32 comments:

onydchic said...

I feel your pain, I hate reading too, and any excuse not to, is good enough. However, forgive for criticizing ur tv tastes.

SMALLVILLE?!??! I really never got that show. Thought it was silly and drawn out, and i cant understand why its still being produced.

There I said it.

bighead said...

@onydchic: Ur not the only one that thinks smallville is lame; I probably do too but it won't be the first time I'm investing over 24 hours on lame stuffs.

Afrobabe said...

Lol...better get your ass up and start studying b4 popcy regrets knowing you...For real studying is the hardest thing ever...I had to saty away from video games and novels for 2 whole weeks....

As for small ville...........

Anyway about cutsie...lol...can imagine you asking if she watch tv yday and she goes no light, then you go"did you study?" she goes "didnt feel like"......hehheheheh...you need the break true true.

Atutupoyoyo said...

I used to like Lana but she has started acting a bit retarded. Chloe worships Clark but the guy na efiko. It's a shame that there is not much emotional tension as we all know that he will end up with Lois.

A grown man watching smallville I really need to get out more…..

bumight said...

I don't watch smallville so I can't comment on that one. The one that bothers me is your "influx of friend requests....from all guys'.This is a very serious matter. If it just ended there, that would have been good, but profile comments, picture comments from this same guys, just gets me worried, at this point the problem is now acute. "..Not a single girl..", this is the point where the problem gets chronic!!
are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me? go on, let it out, Agony aunt is here to help!, lol!

Unknown said...

don worry jo. All things work together 4 d good....4 all u know d exam might have some questions about smallville. Wat? u don believe me? make u dey continue look dvd.Testimony dey come ya way, serious 1 in fact ;)

bighead said...

@afrobabe: I've gotten my a** up and I've started studying; I mean, I've seen about 2 hours of TV in 72 hours. I'm trying. This cutsie's one-week break is moving too slowly o!

@atutu:Don't worry; there's nothing wrong with watching smallville. I'm sure my fifty-something year old father and mother would too if they had chance

@bumight: Agony aunt, I don't know what you are expecting to hear o! Apart from the fact that I obviously lack facebook-savvy female friends. What did yu have in mind

@ibilola: Thanks for the "great" advice but I think I'll pass. Knowing how to save the world is defintely not one of the objectives of my exam and as I told afrobabe, I've started studying. For some reason, I've never been able to access your blog; your profile is private.

Carlang said...

Hi dude
We're probably like onthe same frequency.
I just told my Dad that i'm ready to make a stab at the cisco exam.
I've been up to my neck in study since then.
Plus i;ve got school exams to handle.

Sucks.

Now smallville.
If ever there was a show that needed a script rewrite it's would be this one.

Why does Clarks father ,who is so obviously human, always confront the baddies.
Is he hoping to get injured, rushed to the hospital upon which he;ll discover he has finally gained super powers?

And chloe.. you;re so smart. SO cool. Forget that loony called clark. He not only doesnt get over his crush with Lana, he proceeds to celebrate "DOrkdom" by wearing his underpants over his trousers.
WHen asked why the worlds fastest dumbest man would do this..
he said..
I'm trying to avoid skidmarks!!


Lana's a dumb dumb chick with serious issues.
I'm hoping she grows to become the incredible hulk or something.

Okay.. that;s marvel..but comeon!!
The chick is so silly!!


Watch heroes. A much better show.
But dont do it till after exams. We have exams to write remember.

Say..
about the Alias in your wardrobe...

princesa said...

DO you know you deserve to be flogged 36 strokes???

See serious truancy o!

Abeg ditch those dvds asap.
Meanwhile come drink champagne for my blog. Mumsie's operation went well.

Bunmmy said...

i feel u, mine is CSI Miami,../infact d list is too long to write. i can go without eating just watching it.Abeg pass on youor saving technique cos i'm also in dire need of it. Thanks for your comments, been out healthwise.

Joy Akut said...

i'm so sure i posted a comment here,, infact i was supposed to be number 3, now cant remember what i wrote, but i knw i yabbed ur smallvile addiction, gave u advice on ur no calling policy and called u an olodo
cany form those sentences anymore.
poor u, u missed such a juicy advice(i think) cant remember.

bighead said...

@carlang: I wish yu the best. My exam should hopefully not be too hard cos I've been working with the technology for over a year. I hear heroes is good too but I'm trying to leave these things.

@princesa: sorry i haven't come around in a while. Yu can see I've been "busy". Don't worry, I won't fail; God dey.

@hopefulb: see what the cat brought in. How do yu feel now?

bighead said...

@fantasy queen: emi? olodo? I laugh yu. I'm still waiting for your killer advice. Including the one that yu supposedly "posted". What are yu addicted to?

Joy Akut said...

addicted to? hope u're talking of the series and not ehem....
greys anatomy rocks toatally, thats my number 1 addiction, and the sopranos, cos i love the mafia story line, i'm toatally not into sci fi...24?...trying to get into the groove of it...sex and the city...u still need more addictions?

NikkiSab said...

ol'boy better begin to burn d midnight oil aka read!!!! No shame blogsville n fail ur exam, so read read read.i wanna start watching smallville but at d moment i just started Heroes!! Goodluck dude

bighead said...

@fantasy queen: yur moves and mind are too suspicious and sophisticated for my small head. What else did yu have in mind? I've never watched grey's anatomy cos I have this feeling that it would bore me. Same goes for sopranos. I have this thing against dramas. Infact the guy that lent me the smallville and alias offered sopranos but I rejected. My time is precious.

@nikkisab: These americans are at it again; they colonised Africa and we got independence, they gave us AIDS, we got anti-retriovirals (and Dr Jeremiah Abalaka); now they have brought series so we sit at home, watch and watch without eating and eventually die off from starvation while watching Jack Bauer do 2 month journeys in 24 hours. But we got the antidote to that too: NEPA. We smart aint we?

Obinwanne said...

just stopped to say hi...sorry for ur wasted weekend

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

now correct me if am wrong, did u just say: you don't have enough gist with Big crush? do you get tongue-tied when u see her or what?!
my broda, just yarn! talk about all her interests- clothes, shoes, rav4s, pastries, chocolates, mexican soaps, desperate housewives, marriage...oops, sorry- relationships etc etc (this is just a guess list o!)
bottom line: find out what she likes and TALK about it.

bighead said...

@isi: Not when I see her; on the phone. I hardly run out of conversation when I'm with someone face-to-face but on the phone, its a different ball game. Half my head is considering my credit and I have just the other half to make small talk. And finding out more about people is not small talk. Its long talk. Don't like to start conversations I can't finish. But its aight. My break ended yesterday and the conversation wasn't so bad.

Femme said...

if you were a chick i'd gush with you over sex and the city(the movie, the amazing pictures of the dresses we have managed to see and ask if it'd really be possible to wait till may '08.
but alas u waste your time with smalleville and hereos(how many x men do we really need?)
hmmm.
i dont get u guys.
i mean,
HAVE YOU SEEN CARRIE'S DRESSES?

Thirty + said...

Hope you are back on track with your studying now or are you still doing diffrentiation equation on Chloe and Lana (lol)

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

er, another thing biggie: don't think about cost when it comes to matters of the heart.
i know sey e go hard small, but love no sabi naija economy o! lol!!

Ejura said...

Na wa oh, your salvation never come yet? Do and update now.
Ok, I've been missing some action.
You and crush have reached the flat plane already. It happens. All you need now is some spice. The break's good. Don't call too often. Resist the urge to. Scarce is good especially if the gurl digs you. She'd be clutching her phone to her chest praying you'd call. I've been there, done that...
Keep us posted ehn. Takia and all the best with yr exam. No go write clark's name for question 3 oh!

Afrobabe said...

Its so unlike you not to update...where are u?????????

UndaCovaSista said...

I beg leave me and my Jack o! The guy can do no wrong. Who cares if the timeline of the show is completely implausible and unbelievable and the show glorifies torturing prisoners blah, blah, blah. Jack rocks!!! I've just got series 6 on DVD and i'm keeping it for the perfect moment so i can watch all 24 episode uninterruped...

On a serious note, tho', read well for those exams o! All da best

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LOL..LOL..LOL..I don't envy you! I too have some seasons of some Series that I have yet to complete so I feel you...can one ever catch up with these things? take care my dear!

Unknown said...

c me o! A b queen of procrastination. have been meaning to join offical blogville. But y'all blogs r more interesting. So i just dey marinate d page.

Joy Akut said...

bighead...r u keeping ur olodo head busy, if ur reasons for being MIA are not for books, i'll deflate ur head.

Afrobabe said...

This is so unlike you,where have you gone to? i know i advised you to read but ehmmmm..better come back with something good oh.

Ms. Catwalq said...

lol
oh my God, u r heelareeoozzzz

bighead said...

@femme: I think sex and the city is funny. I don't know about carrie's dresses. Who's Carrie anyway? And smallville, heroes is really not a macho thing, I watch all kinds; including south american soap operas. The most important thing is whether it is interesting.

@30+: I came back on track, wrote the exam, passed, left track, finshed differentiating lana and chloe and now I'm urging Sydney Bristol along in Alias. :D

@isi: even if i didn't want to think about cash, my wallet ensures i do. Its not like I have a stash of cash (love my rhyming?) somewhere and I'm not spending it. A little miscalculation with my finances and I won't have transport money to work.

@ejura: nothing remotely connected to clark showed up on the exam. And I'm not sure if big crush is clutching her phone yet. We never reach that kind level. But imagining it is comforting tho'

@afrobabe: I'm in Yaba, I'm in Lagos Island, I'm in Ikeja, and I'm back. Big Head is back in the building. Thanks a lot for your comments. They were a ray of light in the dark nights of study (and sleep)

@undacovasista: watch all 24 episodes uninterrupted? My hand no dey there o!

@nyemoni: series on dvd are bad for my health. I got to start avoiding them

@ibilola: we are still waiting

@fantasy queen: awww she misses me. Don't worry I'll pay you a visit AT YOUR HOUSE. It definitely beats blogsville.

@catwalq: I am? Omigosh! (blushes everywhere)

Joy Akut said...

me? miss u? u wish man...