Pages

10/09/2007

We thank God O!

Isn't (s)he pretty?


I’ve been for a while trying to figure out how the minds of Nigerian politicians work. Are they just plain, good-old, stupid? (Abi do they think we are the stupid ones?) Or wicked? Or greedy? Or childish? Hungry? Playful? As in what exactly drives them to act the way they do? As if to compound the mystery even further, some weeks ago I stumbled on Alamieseigha’s speech at his thanksgiving. Yes, that’s right…you heard me, thanksgiving. The things we see in Naija. A common thief escapes from UK for money laundering dressed as a woman. His men whom he incidentally stole from give him a hero’s welcome. He gets arrested in Nigeria and after wasting his time (abi was it ours?) he gets away with a slap on the wrist and foreign health care. After which he gets another hero’s welcome? Pays courtesy calls at the state house, does thanksgiving... Do you blame me for wanting to know how their minds work?

Anyway, at the kain thanksgiving, he gives some long speech about his “Journey through the valley of the shadow of death” (God and His Word has suffered at the hands of Nigerians). Here are some excerpts and a few of my more printable thoughts and comments. Knock ya self out:

“………………………………………………………………………………………”

“………………………………………………………………………………………”

“……………………………………………………………………………………….”

Oops! Fellow bloggers, never procrastinate O. I read the kain article and started my post while I was still burning with anger. When the anger subsided, I put the typing aside and promised myself that I would continue typing later. By the time later came, I couldn’t find the paper. I procrastinated looking and right now, there’s no hope of finding it anymore. Anyway, there’s one thing Alamieseigha said that I just can’t forget, for the mere stupidity of the comment. Let me give you that while I continue looking for the newspaper.

He said that while he was in Dubai (abi was it Germany?), he needed to travel to the UK and he called two of his children that were in the UK to fly down to meet him (wherever he was) so “they could help him carry his bags” that “we know he is an old man and can’t carry his bags alone”. Talk of stupidity my friends. Pay round-trip tickets for 2 children when you could have simply tipped a porter (abi na bell-hop, dem dey call those kain people). Or maybe that wasn’t the reason why he called his children down, maybe I’m over-estimating the stupidity of these guys. What I ask, nevertheless, is whether this is the kind of “wisdom” he has been using to administer Bayelsa state. Little wonder some exaggerators say that in his time, there was only one road in Bayelsa (I hope they were exaggerating o!)

That’s all peeps. (This last statement constantly reminds me of a former schoolmate who couldn’t tell jokes and deliver his punch line well and had to say stuff like that so we’d know the joke was over). Let me get back to looking for the paper.

P.S. As you must have noticed, I have something against Alamieyesigha. I don’t deny it. I know a lot of you excuse his troubles as a result of falling out without baba, I’ve heard my aunt say a couple of times, “…but Obasanjo is a bigger thief…”. Nevertheless, he should have been punished for the one he was caught for and when a government with liver comes in, they could feed on OBJ. As it stands now, Alamieseigha, Tafa and the rest like em’ have done their “fair” share of punishment and no future government would like to revisit their case.

14 comments:

Joy Akut said...

bighead,i'm sick, and then u had to put up that pic to make me sicker(i might even throw up?, now i know u hate me...(n this ur thing against this man sounds personal oh...what arent u telling us?...

Thirty + said...

HeShe looks very preety with his pouting lips. I am sure those his kids getting ticket to come and help carry load are so proud of him that they hang that picture on the wall of their offices/living room (lol)

princesa said...

Aha! You still dey find the newspaper???
One day monkey go go market , e no go come back!

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

i think there's a certain 'spirit' that interrupts the flow of reasoning when nigerians take up political posts. even with journalists that spend years lambasting govt, they end up in politics and become appaling creatures living on vomit they had once puked. sad.

Afrobabe said...

mennnnnnnnnnn, who do that picture wicked oh...
On a brighter note the nigerian women seem to be doing us proud internationally..

Stuck in my throat said...

just imagine this...he might have a daughter who looks like him...she knows how terrible she will look at old age...she too can go for cosmetic surgery

bighead said...

@fantasy queen: I'm fed up with corrupt politicians especially those that are getting off with less-than-deserved punishment

@30+: They would/should put the pictures on their facebook profiles as well. E no easy.

@princesa: that monkey (newspaper) don go market, na this monkey (me) wey send am.

@isi: We bind every such spirit. Can I get an Amen?

@afrobabe: Na we get World Bank now. Hurray!!!

@stuck in her throat: somethings cannot be changed even with surgery o!

DB said...

she is pretty and very recognisable no wonder they caught him.

Obinwanne said...

sometimes i wonder how they practice thier own politics, because this is definitely not by merits...that guy is dumb...

Femme said...

the guy no try.
no shame, an old man like him. *hisss.
nigeria is a warped place. i agree with isi, its so sad to see people say they will change things but end up stealing as much as they can.
WHY?
IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH US?
Is the urge to do right absent from our genetic makeup?
i tire.

UndaCovaSista said...

Sorry, i'm a bit out of the loop. Is that picture real?

Ejura said...

Nollywood needs him! I'd see if I can link him up with a producer...

bighead said...

@femme: the genetic thing has occured to me more than once. Take a look at black Africa and to reinforce the point, take a look at Haiti; black nation stuck inthe middle of other prosperous ones.

@undacovasista: didn't yu know that alams allegedly escaped from UK dressed as a woman. I'm not sure if this picture is real; it looks a bit doctored but such pictures were in the papers about then

@ejura: why waste time on him. Link me up with a producer :)

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

ah! are u still searching for alama's speech? e don lost, e don lost be dat nah! oya update!!