Pages

10/29/2007

Back!!!

Welcome blogville’s newest SCJP. (do I hear hands clapping?) Thank you, thank you, thank you. Like you must have gathered, I passed; Haters take note, this big head passed his SCJP and will soon be moving on to conquer the SCWCD and after that, the SCBCD, then the SCDJWS, then SCMAD, SCEA and then… enjoying the alphabet soup? Don’t rush it; eba is on its way.

I missed blogging. You guys cannot imagine how many times I wanted to just visit… had to resist the temptation; 30k was at stake. But you know how with every achievement, the achiever makes up a story to make it all the sweeter, well here’s mine:

I haven’t slept or taken a bath for the past 336 hours. Just been reading. That would make me really smelly; poor choice.

Let me try another. I prayed and fasted for 2 weeks non-stop. Too far from the truth; sad to say, but blogsville wasn’t the only part of my life hit by the exam preparations. Lord I’m sorry.

I haven’t stared at any fine girl for the last 2 weeks. Even me, I can’t believe that one; would make me either married or Stevie Wonder.

I haven’t thought of “big crush” for the past two weeks... I wish; I not only thought, I also called, texted and gisted about (about not with) her too.

Should I make it about TV? Yeah lemme try that one: I haven’t watched any movie, series, cartoon or lame bank advert in 2 weeks. God, are you seeing me?

Let me see… How about the truth? I slept at my office three times in one week, including a Sunday night, watched just 2 movies in 2 weeks, been having bread/yam for breakfast, rice for lunch and bread again/boli for dinner. Where’s the protein in that? Certainly not the huge piece of meat my mama-put DIDN’T give me. I must have added a few kg with all that sitting down to study and voracious eating (study makes for huge appetites, you know). So yes, I’m that fat kid who had to pay for 2 seats in the bus. Laugh all you want. You see, that the problem with the truth; its not sensational enough. But that’s it. That’s why I’ve been AWOL all this while. Thank God its over.

How’s everyone been over here? On my end, the air is fresh, the rain keeps falling, the one-legged chickens can’t come out to scrounge through our refuse, the traffic is same, the network has been busy, my credit has been low (as ever) and we may as well use our electricity pole to pluck mangoes. It seems a NEPA official got dissed by a girl that lives around here. Abi did I splash water on one of them while imaginarily driving around in my imaginary Mercedes S350? Abeg whatever it is, I on behalf of the whole Robert Mugabe street issue an official apology. Please give us light.

These NEPA people cannot imagine how much havoc they are causing. The most of which being the impact on my dressing. I now dress like a clown to work cos I can’t iron my better clothes. Pink t-shirt with lemon green trousers, polka-dot singlet on shorts, show-belle bra-top with skirt…did yu see anyone with any of those colourful combinations. Yep, it wasn’t me. But for real, I wore certain things I’ve avoided wearing forever for the first time last week. This weekend I’m definitely going to buy myself some more casual, no-need-for-iron clothes. I can’t afford a repeat. My already-battered dressing reputation is still reeling from last week’s hit.

On the other side of things, my cousins have been good, you would be surprised the amount of favour you’ll get from kids in exchange for a piece of chewing gum. I now stock up regularly on PK. Their (my cousins) selectivity (big word, huh?) has stepped up a bit and good old 4-for-5 naira robotron or 2-for-5 naira bubba doesn’t quite do the trick; PK is the minimum they’ll accept and not harass you for the next, say, 20 minutes. What are kids turning to these days?

My facebook account has also been enjoying a fair amount of popularity; I put up a class picture we took in JS 1 and at the last count, it had garnered 90 comments. We were basically having a class conversation there, reliving them memories. I’ll put up some of the funnier ones later.

I feel like updating forever but I have to start studying for my SCWCD. My textbook: SCWCD for Psychos hit by green meteor rocks. Authors: Clark Kent, Lana Lang, Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan. Publishers: Smallville books inc. I have just 2 episodes left of season 4…oops, I meant 2 chapters of the 4th edition. And then, I move on to Alias SCWCD for dummies by Jennifer Garner. Can’t wait.

Big Crush update: Either fine girls are so nice or there’s something about the weather in Lagos that makes “big crush” endeavor to reply all text messages and even call occasionally. It must be the weather. Cos back in school where it’s a lot colder, you’ll be lucky to even get flashed. I called one girl that had been flashing the other day; when I asked why she hadn’t called, she said the weather was cold. So? Cold weather apparently, according to her, affects the network and makes it impossible to call. Now, that was news to even me, an electrical engineering major who’s done a few courses in communication. E mean say for winter Russians go pack their phone and buy stamps. Abeg MTN, Glo and Mtel take note and do something about it. Let’s see what excuse they’ll come up with next.

27 comments:

onydchic said...

First of all - because Im just too lazy to google - whats an SCJP??? But congrats on passing it sha.
I admire the reading you did, I hate it with a passion, and can't concentrate for more than 10 minutes. I like to console myself that i'm more of a 'practical' person.

I've been meaning to blog for a while now too, but I think I'm waiting for the right moment.

LOL at the girl who blamed cold weather for not calling. Thats a new one i have to try.

Chxta said...

Congrats.

Afrobabe said...

congratulations on your sun certified java programer....

I heard its really tough,glad I know u so when you start making shit dough I send my kid brothers for jobs...

Nice to have u back...when I saw all those alphabets I thought it was a joke till my geeky friend started realing out all the names...

congrats

Obinwanne said...

Congrats bro, its not easy, i guess i'll get to that level someday....

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Congie..congratulations!

bighead said...

@onydchic: like afrobabe pointed out, I'm a Sun Certified Java Programmer meaning I could do something to your java-enabled phone that would print out the names, numbers and locations of all the guys tripping for you. Just joking. I would like that tho' (for girls, I mean)

As for studying hard and stuff, I do what I can WHEN I HAVE TO. You must be brilliant to have gone through school and graduated with a 10-min attention span. Abi were yu joking?

Try cold weather? Not lame enough. Good, old ignoring the question would do the trick in less words.

@chxta: Thanks. Didn't know yu still came around here.

@afrobabe: The last time I checked, the project managers were the ones making the s*** dough while we, the developers (who do the actual work, I must conceitedly add) get our butt ridden on by the project managers, do it for passion and get paid chin-chin. What's your number? My sister'll be the one doing the calling, looking for jobs...

bighead said...

@obinwanne and nyemoni: Thanks

Chxta said...

...and why did you think I don't come this way? I don't have to make noise all the time you know...

Joy Akut said...

bigggie...congrats man, now i know u're not a big head nothing...i swear all those exams sound like mumble jumbles in my head(that doesnt make me dumb does it)....

ur withdrawal tactics worked on ur crush shei...i know that stlye, when u stopped calling, she panicked....
good to have u back jo....

Bunmmy said...

Hmmm,
Bighead congrats o!
I hope to be like you someday certificate wise.

welcome back

bighead said...

@fantasy queen: don't worry yur not close to dumb. its just not your domain. FYI I never stopped calling big crush and she never panicked.

@hopeful b: Be like me??? Na just one I don write o! Abi are we counting WASSCE and NECO? if that is the case, then I have WASSCE, NECO, two GCE results; (although I never sat for them so all you'll see in those ones are absent). We can also toss in baptismal and confirmation certificates. Then I should have one or two for service in the church. How many does that add up to? What line are you in?

UndaCovaSista said...

Congrats on passing your exam! But why are you hating on Lana Lang,soon to be Lana....Ok, i won't spoil it for you since your still on series 4 ;o)

bighead said...

@undacovasista: soon to be Lana Luthor yu meant to say; I've seen some of season 6. And it only goes to reinforce my point: The girl is confused.

princesa said...

Awwwh it s nice to have you back dude!
Missed ya plenti plenti!

Congrats on passing ur exam.
NOw you can watch all the smallville seasons, i give you go ahead!
Wait o...did i hear you say you still got some more exams coming up! Take am easy sha before that BIG head explode from too much book,lol!

bumight said...

I figured you took the hiatus because of ur exams. glad u passed!

Atutupoyoyo said...

Congrats dude. Now they can start paying you the big bucks

bighead said...

@princesa: I will eventually write those exams but not anytime soon. Moreover, I won't make the mistake of booking before I'm fully prepared again so I don't come under this same kind of pressure. As a result, yur go-ahead is accepted.

@bumight: nnukwu oyibo! Hiatus? I think I know what you mean anyway.

@atutu: big bucks? for where? nothing for me o! At least not yet. This exam is the first step of many more. Moreover, I'm still a mere IT student (cheap labour)

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

congrats

Bunmmy said...

I no blame ya bighead,lol.
its common CCNA o! read arts in uni so i dread taking the exams.

bighead said...

@isi: thanks

@hopeful b: CCNA is not beans even for the computer science people. My roommate has one and even teaches it for now (he's on IT like me) at one of them computer schools. I could always help you get tips and any extra help you want. What version of the exam do you plan to take? Abi you know they are expanding the syllabus by november.

darkelcee said...

1st time here loving it

Congrats but where's the parri @?

i be Yoruba "shic" an i love parri big time.

Organize big time please...lol

Atutupoyoyo said...

Cheap labour you say? I may have a contract for you. The cheap part appeals to me greatly....

bighead said...

@darkelcee: parri? I no know o! where the parri sef? I berra go and look for it

@atutu: the term "cheap" is relative. But don't get scared yet. I'm quite affordable FOR NOW...so about that contract...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Congratulations!!! and welcome back!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and Jubilations, celebrations in our nations....
lol!! I just sang that song only for you big head. You and only you...

pammy

Jayn Sean said...

First time here. Hope i'm welcome. Saw you at Princesa's and followed you here.
Nice blog i must say. I took my time to read all that. Never thought i wud finish. But whats all those SC'S stand for? LOL..

Cant wait to see the pic that made you famous at facebook, its at face book you said right? Abeg, put up the picture lets see.

Congrats on passing your exams. Its year end oo! so, so many exams doing the rounds everywhere. Even down here, we struggling to come up top.

Stay well...

bighead said...

@solomonsydelle: gracias

@pamelastitch: did yu sing all that for me? Tears in my eyes

@jaybabe: You are most welcome. Infact we'll be throwing a welcome party for you. Choose the venue and date. Those 'SC's stand for Sun Certified feel free to toss in possible interpretations of the remaining letters.

I'm not sure that picture will ever make it here cos inasmuch as I can't be identified in the crowd that I once called my class, then you all would know what secondary school I attended. Send me an email and I just may send it to you directly.