Pages

8/14/2007

Its rag day again?

I don't get it; whats the fun in wearing your clothes inside out, rubbing some chalk on your face and running around the streets begging for money? Could a serious ragger please explain it to me. At my school in Enugu, you see people travelling as far as Onitsha, Port Harcourt and even Lagos in the name of rag day... and many of them make losses. They come back rejoicing about how some yam seller in the market gave them a piece of yam which another yam roaster roasted for them. Some folks know how not to have fun. Its rag day again at some school around yaba- feed your eyes and irritate your senses, I've seen enough.

Today in the bus, I witnessed for the first time, a driver fire his conductor. His crime: he was "conducting" from inside the bus instead of hanging on the outside as usual and he was rude to a passenger. Everybody don become Oga for naija o!

Talking about ogas, the other day at the office, some guy walks up to me and asks: "what do you do here apart from drink tea?". I need some serious help with that. I mean, wats a brother supposed to do?

7 comments:

DB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DB said...

ok you got me. i like you. can't remember anything i just read on your blog but i know you r funny though most time what u write is really in urdu script. try 'proofreading before publishing',it works. (be advised, it's not a book or website.)
is it not funny how we use office time to blog instead of working. may God no let them fire us o!

bighead said...

Wat the heck is urdu script? I've been told about this twice now? use http://largehead.blogspot.com?hl=en Thanks for the compliment tho' according to some of my hardened "haters", I try too hard. Who said I'm not working? Speak for yourself only O!

Afrobabe said...

LOL...what do u do other than drink tea indeed...loving ur blog bro,saw a comment u left on fluufy's page and decided to check u out...love ur way of reasing...

Anonymous said...

Who said you try to hard??? Tell him skysports.com to check out the premiership, what a silly question to ask an employee!!

Anonymous said...

Okay you don't watch soccer (which guy doesn't watch soccer???) I'm a girl and I watch soccer....never mind!

bighead said...

@anonymous1: I just smiled at him and wished he knew better. Actually, I blog, hi5 and facebook but I didn't want to tell him all that and make his day.

@anonymous2: Ur a girl and you watch soccer (claps enthusiastically) but i still won't