Pages

8/20/2007

What luck!

My roommate and I spent the last 3 months prowling the streets of VI looking for a good place where we could do IT. To the extent that "waffi" boy like me now knows the streets of VI like the back of my hand. I had to buy new shoes afterward. Anyway, we learnt, the hard way, the way things work in Naija. How merit is relegated to the back seat and connections aka "leg" becomes the father of the day.

Eventually, thanks to a little bit "leg" and merit, I got a great place while he got stuck with one government establishment. Now I don't think I need to let you know how doing "government work" is talkless of when you are an IT student. Summary, my guy was itching to leave, he throws a couple of applications around; nothing special, same thing we did during our "terrible" 3 months. All of a sudden, he has 3 invitations; thats not even the shocking part, they are all for today, 2 by 10 am. Is that luck or what?

I'm so glad I already found a good place; ever seen a black man green with envy? The sight aint pretty I assure you.

7 comments:

Atutupoyoyo said...

Well done. Good to see that endeavour and determination still play a part. All this in a prime location as well. We look forward to hearing more of your future exploits

DB said...

'atutupoyoyo' lol

exschoolnerd said...

Happy for u!!!!

Lucy Dee said...

ever seen a black man green with envy? The sight aint pretty I assure you.

That sounds like a comedic sketch or standup comedy routine in the making.

Nice coming across your blog! Feel free to stop by. I'm a standup comedienne in NYC.

DB said...

this lucy is smart ehn, talk of advert.

bighead said...

As in ehnn.. i've seen a similar comment from her in like every blog i've come across in the last 2 days.

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

considering the fact that so many don't get that kind of opportunity- 3 job interviews at a time, yes, i do believe it is luck. a frustrating kind of luck lol!